U.S. E company’s new fiscal year procurement planJanuary 27, 2022
why does my laptop get so hot?February 25, 2022
1.How to screenshot on a laptop or windows pc？
- Screenshot full screen in Windows 8 and 10
Screenshot full screen on all Windows computers
- First, open the screen you want to capture. Before taking a screenshot, make sure the screen you want to capture is not blocked by other open windows or programs.
- Second, find the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard. If you don't add a number pad, the Print Screen key is mostly located on the upper right side of the main keyboard, usually written "SysReq" (system requirements).
- Third, the "Print Screen" key is often abbreviated to "PrtSc" or something similar. Press the Win and Print Screen keys at the same time. This will take a screenshot of the current screen display, and most of the time you will see the screen dim briefly.If the computer has certain display settings disabled, the screen will not dim. This is usually seen on older PCs that have been upgraded to Windows 10. If you can't find a screenshot when looking for it with the method below, try pressing Ctrl, Win and Print Screen, or Fn, Win and Print Screen at the same time.
- The last, find screenshots. Open the "Pictures" folder of your computer, you can find the screenshots just now in the "Screenshots" folder inside. Each screenshot will be labeled "Screenshot (number)" in the order of the screenshots.
For example, the first screen shot would be labeled "Screenshot " or something.
Use the Snipping Tool
- First, Open the screen you want to capture. Before taking a screenshot, make sure the screen you want to capture is not blocked by other open windows or programs.
- Second, press the Print Screen key. It's usually located at the top right of the keyboard, just to the right of the first row of function keys. Press the Print Screen key to capture the entire screen content. The Print Screen key may say "PrtSc" or something similar. If the keyboard has an Fn key at the bottom left, you may need to press the Fn and Print Screen keys at the same time.
- Third, Open the Paint program. All Windows computers have this program installed. The opening method is as follows:
Open the Start menu with the image titled Windows start.png.
In Windows 8, open Search, click the search bar at the bottom of the Start menu, enter drawing,
click Paint at the top of the Start menu, In Windows 8, Paint will appear in the search results.
In Windows XP, click the Start menu, choose Programs, choose Accessories, and then click Paint.
- Fourth, paste the screenshot. With the Paint window open, press Ctrl+V at the same time to paste the screenshot. The screenshot should appear in the Paint window.
- The last, save the screenshot. Press Ctrl+S at the same time, then give the screenshot a name, select a folder on the left side of the window, and click Save. To change the file type of the screenshot, click the "Save as type" drop-down box at the bottom of the window and select another format, such as JPEG, from the drop-down menu. The most commonly used file types are JPG and PNG. It is recommended to save screenshots in PNG format, not only the image quality is high, but the file size is also small.
Use the Snipping Tool shortcut
- First, Open the Snipping Tool. All other editions of Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10 come with the Snipping Tool, except the Lite and Basic editions. But Windows XP doesn't have a "snipping tool". In Windows Vista and 7, click the Start key, choose All Programs, choose Accessories, and then choose Snipping Tool from the list. In Windows 8, just enter Snipping Tool on the Start screen and select it from the search results. In Windows 10, click Start, enter Snipping Tool, and select it from the search results.
- Second, Select the screenshot shape. The program will select "Rectangular Screenshot" by default. Click the arrow next to the Mode button to change the screenshot shape:
Free form Screenshot allows you to draw any shape with the mouse and capture the certain area inside the shape.Rectangular Capture lets you select and capture a rectangular area.Window Screenshot lets you take a screenshot of a window. Full Screen Capture captures the entire screen, including all windows except the Snipping Tool window.
- Third, adjust screenshot borders. By default, screenshots will have a red border. You can disable or change the border color. Click Tools at the top left of the toolbar, select Options from the drop-down menu, and uncheck "Show selection pen and ink after capturing screenshot". After this, the screenshots will not have borders.
- Fourth, Create a new screenshot. Click the New button to start the selection. The screen will fade and you can draw the screenshot area. If "Window Screenshot" is selected, select the window now. Release the mouse to create a screenshot.
If you selected Full Screen Capture, a screenshot will be created automatically once you click New.
- The last, Save the screenshot. Click on the floppy disk icon to open the Save dialog box. Enter a screenshot name, and if you like, change the "Save as type" field. You can now email the screenshot, or put it on the website. PNG is the default image format for Windows 7 and 8. The image quality of this lossless compression format is high and the file size is small. It is recommended to save screenshots in this format. JPG or JPEG is the default picture format for Windows Vista. This is a lossy format, meaning the picture will see some squares of pixels and some colors may be a little off. It is mainly used for photographic images and is not recommended for screenshots. The GIF format is not suitable for duplicating color photos, but is suitable for solid-color graphics or logos, with sharp edges between colors.
- First, Go to the page you want to screenshot. Open the program or screen you want to capture, and make sure it is not blocked by other windows or objects.
- Second, Press Win, Shift, and S at the same time. The screen will turn light gray and the mouse will turn into a crosshair.
- Third, Select the area you want to screenshot. Move the mouse to the upper left corner of the area you want to screenshot, click and drag the mouse to the lower right corner.
- Fourth, Release the mouse button. This will take a screenshot of the selected area and copy it to the clipboard, you can paste it into any program that supports the function of pasting pictures.
- The last, Paste the screenshot. Open a program that supports the function of pasting pictures, such as "Paint", Word, etc., and then press Ctrl+V at the same time. The screen area you captured should appear in the program. Press Ctrl+S at the same time, enter a screenshot name, select the save location, and click Save. Pictures can also be pasted into online services such as email.
2.How to measure laptop size？
what size is your laptop?how to know screen size of laptop?How do you measure laptop size?This is a problem that many computer users will mention.To better understand how these dimensions are calculated, look at the following:
Height: This is the dimension of the laptop from the bottom to the back of the monitor when the laptop is closed.
Width: The width is measured from the left side of the keyboard to the right side.
Depth: Depth is measured from the front of the laptop to the back.
- Find the specific brand and model of the laptop computer, directly search the laptop name in the search engine, and see the specific parameters.
- You can directly measure the size of the screen, measure the diagonal of the screen, excluding the frame, the measured value is in centimeters, and then converted into inches, 1 inch = 2.54 cm cm, and the final data can be rounded up,then you can get its inches measurements and determine its size.
- If the laptop has a laptop housekeeper, you can use the hardware detection function of the laptop housekeeper, where you can see detailed laptop configuration information, including laptop screen size, model, etc.
Common laptop screen (diagonally) size, length size, width size:
- 13.3inch 11.1inch(282mm) 7.1inch(180mm);
- 14.1inch 11.3inch(338mm) 8.4inch(213mm);
- 15.1 inches 12.00 inches (305mm) 9.00 inches (228mm).
3.How much storage do i need on my laptop？
When we want to buy a new laptop, what many people think about the most is how much storage do I need on my laptop? We need to combine the use of the laptop, whether it is playing games, office work, drawing, etc., the memory requirements for different people are also different. First of all, let's talk about the factors that affect the size of the hard disk:
- For office workers:
Office workers generally only use basic office software such as Word and Excel, especially when encountering some large Word documents with a lot of text and pictures, it is often difficult to edit them. In addition, it is often necessary to use image processing software such as Photoshop, which takes up a lot of memory, and opens a few more pictures on various cards. Therefore, it is best for office workers to have 4G or more memory, and 8G is standard. The hard disk does not need to be very large, because it does not need to store a lot of things, and 500G of space is basically enough.
- For Gamer:
Like gamers, the current mainstream large-scale 3D games will clearly indicate the minimum configuration, recommended configuration and maximum configuration on the system configuration. And now more and more games indicate that the minimum configuration requires 4G of memory, and even more, such as Call of Duty 10, requires 6G of memory, so you can choose 4G/6G RAM and 256GB or 512GB SSD.
Therefore, the memory of gamers is best to be 8G or more. If you play games, you should not only play one or two games, but also play other games occasionally.when your drive is about 80% full, this drive size fills up quickly and performance starts to suffer. Therefore, a mechanical hard disk with a capacity of about 1T is basically enough, the laptop you can choose 8G RAM and 1T SSD. If your budget is enough, gamer can choose 512G SSD + 1T HDD.
- For professional users:
For advertising production design, it can handle large-format pictures such as high-precision posters such as 1x2m 300dpi. 4G memory will explode immediately, and the standard 16G will be the best to start. In addition, professional software like 3DMAX depends on the complexity of the model, and generally requires at least 16G memory. There are also some users with virtual machine needs, who also start at 16G and increase the memory as needed.
Therefore, professional design users must have sufficient budget. It is best to have 8G of memory. Considering the need to store a lot of design files, 500G to 1TB of memory can be used, depending on personal needs. So the professional user can choose 8G/12G/16G RAM, 500GHDD+ 1TB SSD.
- For ordinary users:
Compared to the previous laptops, the requirements for ordinary users are slightly lower. For general use, you just need to studies, watch movies, listen to songs and other entertainment. 6G is enough, and 8G of standard memory is standard. If you need to store some movies or something on the hard disk, about 512G is good. If your budget is enough, you can mainly study use , for reading documents, study and watch dramas, then you can choose 256G SSD or 512G SSD.
The above are all matched according to the needs of different people. According to the current market, the starting capacity of mechanical hard disk is the best IT capacity, while the starting capacity of memory is 8G. For newly installed or upgraded users, it is recommended to add a solid state drive to improve the speed of the laptops, and the effect is obvious.
4.How many watts does a laptop use？
- How many watts does a laptop use, and what is the actual power? How much is it generally?
The power of each laptop is different, generally around 60W-80W, but it is not actually used. The accessories of laptop are generally designed for low energy consumption, and the power is generally between 1/2 to 1/3 of desktop computers, or even lower.
The power of laptop is generally about 20W, which is highly related to the size of the screen, and also related to the CPU,higher performance CPU require higher wattage draw. For example, the second generation of Centrino saves power compared with the first generation.
The power of the laptop varies depending on the operation you do on the laptop: whether you are surfing the Internet, using an optical drive to watch movies, or using a mobile hard disk, and the brightness of the display screen. The automatic power management system adjusts your power at any time.
The algorithm of laptop power: if the output voltage is 16 volts and the output current is 3.75 amps, then the power of the laptop is 16X3.75=60 watts.The power of the independent graphics laptop is mostly about 90w.
- How much electricity can a laptop use in a day
The power consumption of laptop computer is generally about 60W to 80W. If it is a laptop with a general configuration, the power consumption is about 65W. Ultra laptops are more power-efficient, 20 to 40 watts. If it is used 24 hours a day, it will not exceed 2 kWh.
Calculation method of electric power consumption:
The power (watts, represented by the letter W) will be marked on the manual or nameplate of the electrical appliance. Usually, the electricity consumption is how many kilowatt-hours of electricity. The amount of electricity consumed by an appliance in one hour.
The calculation method of electricity consumption is as follows:
Electricity consumption (kWh) = power (W) / 1000X time (hours)
- How much electricity does a laptop consume in a day when it is on 24 hours a day?
Usually run a laptop power is about 65W, (AIWO laptop, the rated output voltage of the power adapter (that is, the charger) is 19V, the rated output current is 3.42A, so the rated power is 64.98W,)
Now calculated according to the rated power of 65W, 1000W.hour/65W=about 15 hours, that is, about 15 hours with one kilowatt of electricity.
One hour of electricity consumption is about 0.07 degrees, In other words, a day is 1.68 degrees,Of course this is a theoretical value. It depends on the actual power of your power supply. For example, if you play games, listen to songs, watch movies on the Internet, chat with QQ, and adjust the brightness of the notebook to the brightest, your actual power is definitely not only 65W.
5.How much does a laptop weigh？
Laptops are more portable than PCs. They are small, portable personal laptops, usually average weighing 1-5 kg(In pounds:2.2-11 Ibs). If it is an ultra-thin laptops, it is relatively light, and if it is a business laptop and a gaming laptop, it will be heavier. Portability and ultra-thin are the biggest features of laptops, also weight plays an important role for laptops as it can put a lot of pressure on a person's back or arms. how much does a laptop weigh?
- How much does a laptop weight?
What makes the laptop heavy?
- Laptop can generally be divided into 2 categories by the using: gaming laptop and office laptop. Understanding the differences in the 2 types laptop categories can help you determine which laptop is the right one for your needs.
- Gaming laptop: the gaming laptop are mainly using by the gamers or designers, the configuration, function and weight of this laptop are higher than that of office laptop. The weight generally is about 3kg to 6kg.
- Office laptop: this kind laptop is mainly using by office workers, students, ordinary users, the biggest feature is ultra-thin and portable. So the weight of the office laptop generally is 1kg-2.5kg.
Typical culprits include massive graphics cards and intense cooling systems, as well as heavy screens and a full layout keyboard, which can make a notebook computer bulky enough to be considered heavy. As well, the external aspect also negates any portability, such as how sturdy the body is and the type of material it is made from, for example, plastic or aluminum.
How can I know the laptop weight?
Here are 2 ways to know your laptop’s weight: you can check the instruction manual which came with your laptop package, or you can check the laptop's weight by scanning the laptop manufacturer's website, in this website, you can check all the information of your laptop, and there also will have the warm heart people will reply your questions.
6.How to restart a laptop?
If the laptop crashes, it can’t be restarted on the desktop, and the laptop is not like a desktop . There is only one button to shut down and restart. Many people don't know how to force shutdown or restart. So how do I restart my laptop if it freezes? Let's share with you how to force shutdown or restart when your laptop freezes.
- Windows 10, 8 and 8.1 systems
Windows 7 and Vista System
- First, Simultaneously press Ctrl+Atl+Del on the keyboard. Then, a new interface will appear on the computer screen with several options listed on it: Lock, Switch User, Log Out, and Task Manager. If your laptop is running slowly, it may take a while to see this interface.
If you connect and control the laptop remotely through "Remote Desktop", then you cannot use the above shortcut key combination. If your remote desktop client supports the use of key combinations, you can "send" key commands in sequence, or open the Command Prompt program on the remote laptop and run the following command: shutdown -r -f -t 0
- Second, Click the power icon. It is located in the lower right corner of the interface. The icon is an unclosed circle with a vertical line drawn in the middle.
- Third, Click the restart button. At this point, the laptop will re boot. If there are still programs that haven't been closed, you'll be prompted to close them before shutting down the laptop.
- First, Press the Ctrl+Atl+Del key combination on the keyboard at the same time to open the lock interface. If your laptop is running slowly, it may take a while to see this interface. If you are connecting and controlling your laptop remotely via "Remote Desktop", then the above shortcut key combination is useless. You can open the Command Prompt program on the remotely controlled laptop and run the following command: shutdown -r.
- Second, Click the power icon. It's in the bottom right corner of the screen and is a red button.
- Third, Click the restart button. Then, the laptop will restart. If there are still some programs that have not been closed, the system will prompt you to close those programs before restarting the laptop.
- If your computer freezes, you can do a hard reboot. This has the same result as shutting down the computer normally, but it is only used as a last resort, as a forced restart of the computer can cause permanent loss of data and leave disk garbage.
- Press and hold the power button about 3-5 seconds and the laptop will shut down. If the power button light is still on, you can unplug the pc computer and wait for the laptop to run out of power. Of course, the battery can be removed if it is a built-in battery.
Looking to buy a laptop? Recommended for you
AIWO 5 best 4Hz laptops in 2022
laptop won’t connect to WIFI?
how to put a key back on a laptop?
Intel Core i7-12700H Processor