How to use iPhone mobile phone for network sharing
1. Share the network through personal hotspot
- Tap "Settings" (a gray gear) on your phone
- Click "Personal Hotspot"
- Click the button behind "Personal Hotspot" to open "Personal Hotspot" (click "WI-FI password to change the password")
- Click "Network" on the right side of the computer taskbar
- Click the WLAN icon to open the wireless network, and then click ">" on the right to enter the management WLAN connection interface
- On the WLAN interface, find the name of the hotspot generated by the mobile phone, click the hotspot, and options will appear, click "Connect"
- Enter the password, then click "Next" and wait for the computer to connect to the mobile hotspot successfully.
2. Sharing network via USB cable
- Enable mobile network on mobile phone
- Unplug the charger plug of the mobile phone, plug one end of the USB into the USB port of the computer, and plug the other end into the charging port of the mobile phone
- Click Phone Settings (a gear-shaped icon)
- Find "Personal Hotspot" in the list and click on it
- Click the "Allow others to join" button, and after it is turned on, you can share the network to the computer through the USB data cable.
3. Sharing network via bluetooth
- Click the computer start button, enter "Bluetooth", and then click the "Bluetooth and other device settings" that appears
- Click the button behind the bluetooth to turn on the bluetooth (the bluetooth name of the computer will be displayed after turning on)
- Click the phone settings, find "Bluetooth" and click
- Turn on the bluetooth switch after turning on the bluetooth option
- Find the name of the computer Bluetooth in the device list that appears and click it, then click "Pairing" in the window that appears
- Click the "Add Device" pop-up window that appears on the computer, and then click "Yes" to complete the Bluetooth pairing
- Click Phone Settings
- Click "Personal Hotspot"
- Click "Other sharing methods"
- Turn on "Sharing Internet via Bluetooth"
Bluetooth vs hotspot vs USB tethering, which is better?
The three network sharing methods of mobile phones have their own advantages and disadvantages, and are suitable for different situations, but among the three methods, we recommend USB network sharing the most, for the following reasons:
- Bluetooth mode (extremely not recommended):
Normal power failure, extremely low speed, high delay, low heat generation, and extremely low compatibility
- Hotspot mode (most commonly used for high portability):
Fast power down, average speed, average delay, high heat generation, high compatibility, and can connect multiple devices at the same time
- USB mode (highly recommended):
Slow power down, extremely high speed, low delay, average compatibility, need USB cable and driver support, colleagues can only connect to one device
A word of caution: Using the internet on a computer tends to cost more data than on a phone. Therefore, if the mobile phone does not have enough traffic, it is not recommended to use the mobile phone to share the network for the computer.
Can I use my phone to get internet on my laptop?
Yes, whether it is an Android phone or an Apple phone, you can share the network to the computer through mobile hotspot, Bluetooth, USB, etc. For the specific connection method, please refer to this article.
How to connect internet from phone to laptop without hotspot?
In addition to allowing the computer to connect to the mobile phone network through a hotspot, it is also possible to share the network between the mobile phone and the computer through a USB cable and Bluetooth. When everything is ready, turn on "Sharing Internet via USB (or Bluetooth)" on the phone. For details, please refer to the introduction above.
How do I connect my mobile Internet to my laptop wirelessly?
In addition to the USB cable, you can also share your mobile phone network to the computer through wireless methods such as mobile hotspot and Bluetooth. After the mobile phone turns on the hotspot, let the computer connect to the hotspot, or after the mobile phone and the computer are Bluetooth paired, turn on "Share the network through Bluetooth".
How can I share Internet from my mobile to laptop via USB?
After connecting the computer to the mobile phone via a USB cable, enter the personal hotspot in the mobile phone settings, and then turn on "Sharing Internet via USB".
Is USB tethering better than hotspot?
Compared with hotspots, the disadvantage of USB tethering is that it requires a USB cable and only one device can be connected at a time. The advantage is that the network speed will be faster, the power consumption will be lower, and the computer does not need to have Wifi function.
Compared with USB network sharing, the disadvantage of mobile hotspot is that the transmission speed is slower, the computer needs to have WIFI function, and it consumes more power. The advantage is that it is not limited by USB cables and can connect multiple devices at the same time.
Does USB tethering use a lot of data?
Browsing the web etc. on a computer tends to cost more data than using a phone, because on a computer you're viewing the full version of a web page, whereas on a phone it's a trimmed mobile version of the page. Therefore, when using mobile data on the computer, please pay attention to the data usage to avoid excessive spending.
What are the disadvantages of tethering?
Tethering will quickly consume the battery in the phone, and the network latency will be higher, and the broadband will be faster and more stable.
Why can't my laptop connect to my phone hotspot?
If your laptop cannot connect to the mobile hotspot, there may be the following 4 reasons:
- Laptop is too far away from the hotspot
If the phone is too far away from the computer, please move the phone closer to the computer. Because the coverage of mobile hotspots is limited, the hotspots will not work if they are too far away.
- The data connection is closed
If the hotspot connection has been turned off, turn it on again and connect to the hotspot.
- The hotspot is running on a band not supported by the laptop
The computer's wireless network card only supports Wi-Fi in the 2.4GHz band. If Wi-Fi in the 5GHz band is enabled on the phone, you can try to reset the network settings of the phone and try to connect again, which can usually solve the problem. Enter the personal hotspot on the mobile phone, find "Set WLAN hotspot", adjust the selected AP frequency band from 5.0GHz to 2.4GHz, and then reconnect.
- Network drivers are outdated
To check whether the computer network driver is outdated, you can download some computer management tools, which include a computer driver check tool, through which you can find a stable version of the network driver compatible with the computer.